Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Tuesday and I guess I'm on vacation this week. My husband is off, so I found some folks to work for me at my various places of employment.  I do have my own business in a rented office and guess what? I have no business this week, vacation or not!   Is this a sign of the recession we are supposedly in?  I saw the news this morning with all these people standing in line at their bank. Seems the banking industry is now in dire straights.  When will this all end?  I need to slow down with my work but it appears I need to set my sights on "how will I make money?"  I also know this time of year is slow in my business anyway, but with my investments going downhill (i.e. retirement savings, etc.) I need to be careful, not spend where I don't need to.  Sigh....
I just viewed my electric bill for June....$435!!!!!  That's right.  It has virtually doubled since last month.  Well, maybe since April.  Shit!  That's insane.  I even keep my thermostat at 78 degrees!
And, we're doing a project this week;  Building a new fence.  Cha-ching, cha-ching....that's slang for "I'm spending ALOT of money this week and making none".  Oh, except for the fact that I finally got my stimulus check from the IRS.   Whoo-hoo!  I can pay my electric bill and go out to dinner.  GONE. 
OK, we'll eat at home;  bean tacos and peanut butter sandwiches I guess.  
I'm going to go get ready for my day of saving money.... Let's see.  Take my dogs for a walk, swim in my pool, not drive anywhere, not pay any bills, eat little, um.....resist the urge to purchase online,  turn off the air conditioner (NOT).  I think I'll start cleaning out the garage and open an Ebay account.  Sell my STUFF - yea, that's it!   And, man, do I have stuff.  Lots and lots of it.  OK, got some ideas.  I'm signing off now.

No comments: